National Hypertension Control Initiative
It's time to create a healthier, more equitable country
National Hypertension Control Initiative Support
This initiative is supported by a cooperative agreement with the Office of Minority Health (OMH) of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), as part of a financial assistance award totaling $12.2 million in partnership with the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA). The contents do not necessarily represent the official views of, nor an endorsement by OMH/OASH/HHS or the U.S. 政府.
About the National Hypertension Control Initiative
The 新型冠状病毒肺炎 pandemic has dramatically highlighted in health. 在回应, the 美国心脏协会 launched the National Hypertension Control Initiative, an evidence-based, community-driven effort 减少 hypertension, or high blood pressure, a condition that nearly half of adult Americans are living with. Many of them don’t even know it.
Now more than ever, it’s important for everyone to pay attention to their blood pressure numbers. High blood pressure is a leading cause and controllable risk factor for heart disease, stroke and can contribute to worse outcomes for people who contract 新型冠状病毒肺炎.
了解更多 about us and our efforts to strengthen and extend the reach of blood pressure knowledge and tools in communities affected by uncontrolled high blood pressure.
How To Monitor Your Blood Pressure at 首页
Whether you’re learning how to self-monitor your blood pressure at home or if you’re helping care for a loved one who needs to self -monitor at home, 我们会帮你的.
Creating Healthier Communities
Community-based organizations, 企业, 礼拜场所及, 最重要的是, neighbors like you are key in making neighborhoods healthier. Discover more resources to help support your mission.
Community Health Center Resources
Health care professionals are a vital part of our work to help improve blood pressure control rates.
Head over to our dedicated 健康中心枢纽 with training information and resources designed to help you and your team successfully partner with patients.
We’re here to help you in your healthy blood pressure journey. These articles are meant to provide relevant information and tips.
- Why Are Young Black Americans Becoming Less Heart-Healthy? (Courtesy HealthDay, Cara Murez,HealthDay Reporter)
- Hospitalized 新型冠状病毒肺炎 patients from 'socially vulnerable' neighborhoods may be more likely to die
- Some young Asian women may face higher risks for high blood pressure
- 'Equilibrio' es la palabra clave en la nueva guía alimentaria para la salud del corazón
- AHA debuts National Hispanic Latino Cardiology Association
- High blood pressure before midlife linked to smaller brain, greater dementia risk
- How Black women can take control of their blood pressure
- Uncontrolled high blood pressure shifts with age, hitting men and women differently
- DASH diet and exercise helps uncontrolled high blood pressure, 研究发现(由CNN提供, 由Sandee可能, 美国有线电视十大电子游戏平台网)
- There’s no place like home … to track blood pressure